Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gyōza (Guotie) (potstickers)

Typically consist of a ground meat and/or vegetable filling wrapped into a thinly rolled piece of dough, which is then sealed by pressing the edges together or by crimping. This half fried half not is called  "hallow-fried" which is done in a wok. A small quantity of water is added and the wok is covered. While the base of the dumplings is fried, the upper part is steamed. Didn't take a picture of the inside cause when I realized I should have....they were all gone.

9 comments:

  1. omnomnom. i hate your posts, they make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck i just ate and i became hungry again
    you should view my page if you need some humor :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had breakfast, now im hungry again. thanks :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, they look like fish fillets! Can't believe its vegetarian!
    Mesty =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. I love these. Always great with rice and soy sauce with a little lemon/lime squeezed in it.

    Maybe I'll try making some chicken gyoza.

    ReplyDelete